Wednesday 22 April 2015

Tv Tropes

Today, I'll be discussing about one of the communities I have joined over the years: Tv Tropes!

The website is mainly about tropes, literary devices that we use in various fictions in order to make them interesting. Like Wikipedia, it also contains real and fictional works, but the website mainly focuses on the tropes present in the works instead of the main information.

The community at TvTropes is very friendly, especially towards newbies. This is something that is rather hard to find around most of the internet. Most Tropers in the forums are eager to welcome you, are ready to accept you as a friend, and are generally friendly towards others. In fact, I've made most of my online friends over there.

Be warned- while TvTropes is a friendly place, it is also very addicting. If one is not browsing tropes, the forums are a very good way to kill time without one noticing it. I've wasted a number of days spending all my time on TvTropes.

You can find more information about TvTropes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment